Some people do not have a separate internet connection to the computer or laptop. In this case it is not necessary to have it if you own an android mobile. You can use your android mobile as the best alternative to get internet on your computer. From the android version of 2.2 (Froyo), native tethering is being inbuilt in the android mobiles and you can just connect the internet carrier in your mobile and use the same to get the internet connection in your computer.
Follow the below steps to use your android mobile as native tethering.
- Open the menu in the mobile
- Tap on the settings icon
- In the list that appears, tap on the wireless & networks
- In that, you will have an option Tethering & Portable hotspot. Just tap on that option
Once you have selected the Portable hotspot, you will receive two options as shown in the image above
- Do it over a wire
- Turn your phone into a wireless hotspot
By just doing this, your mobile will be acting as a wireless tethering device and it is unsecured as others can access your wifi signal for network connection. To avoid this security issue, it is recommended to change the security method under the “Portable Wi-Fi settings”. You have to change it to WPA2 PSK. This is nothing but securing the network with the password. In this case, if you need to access your wi-fi network, it will prompt for a password. Just like any other Wi-Fi routers, your android mobile can be used to connect with the computer or laptop.
Once you plug in your android mobile to the computer with the USB, you will have an option of using the mobile device as the USB modem. Connecting the mobile using the USB modem is very simpler than the hotspot feature. In this case you should have installed the drivers for your phone before using it as a USB modem. If you have done so, the computer will automatically configure itself to use your mobile phone as a network device. The main advantage of using the mobile as the USB network modem rather than using as a Wi-Fi router is that, your mobile will be plugged in to the computer in case if you use it as the USB modem and thus there is no chance of draining of the battery.
Note: One important thing should be noted before trying to use your mobile phone as a Wi-Fi router or as a USB network modem. That is the carrier you are being connected to in the mobile device. You should ensure that you are having the internet connection on your mobile device for certain amount and the amount will not exceed the limit. In case your bill amount is being hiked because of using your mobile as a Wi-Fi router, we are not responsible and thus it is always better to confirm it with the carrier that is being used in the mobile device.
- How To Get Google Music On Android Phones
- How to take Screen shots in Android without rooting
- How to Install Beats Audio package in any Android mobile
- How to Completely Erase All Data from Android mobile and Factory reset it
- How to Solve Android mobile “Not booting” Error
- Download Nuvel personal emergency response application for android
- How to update Galaxy Nexus GSM With Android 4.0.2 OTA
- Connect Internet On Your Computer Using Bluetooth Connection From Mobile Phone
- How to take screenshot on android Ice Cream Sandwich 4.0 Mobiles?
- How to take screen shot in devices running android 4.1