Are you looking to root your new Sony xperia ion android smart phone? If so, then it is easy for you to root your phone since the developers have got the root access. Once the phone is successfully rooted then the warranty will be lost. However the warranty can be reclaimed by just applying for the official firmware. The data’s wont be lost while the root process but even though it is better to back up all the data available on the phone.
Caution: Make sure to backup all your data in your Sony Xperia Ion before rooting it.Follow the instructions below carefully to root it sucessfully.Any mistake might sometimes cause damage to your mobile for which we must not be held responsible.
Steps to Root Sony Xperia Ion:
1. Before starting the rooting process for your phone check whether you have unlocked the boot loader of your phone.If no unlock it.Here is how to unlock it if you are unaware of it http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1753261 .
2. Download all the required files like insecure kernel, fastboot package, rooting package.
3. After downloading the files save it in your desktop.
4. Connect your phone to the computer.
5. From the fastboot package extract the files to the desktop.
6. Then using the power button turn off your phone.
7. Then reboot the phone to the fastboot package. This can be done by just pressing and holding the power button and volume up button simultaneously for some time.
8. Once your phone goes to the fastboot mode, then connect it to the computer.
9. Now go to the command prompt in your pc and type the below text
fastboot flash boot filename.elf
(Note that you have to replace the phrase “filename” with the name of the file you downloaded.)
10. Then disconnect your phone from the computer after installing the insecure kernel.
11. Reboot your phone again by following the same procedure for rebooting.
12. Then enable the USB debugging by going to the menu options, then to the settings icon, >Applications>>Development>>USB debugging. Finally tick mark the box near to USB debugging, so that it will be enabled.
13. Start to extract the files from the rooting package to the desktop of the computer.
14. Then double click the batch file in order to root your phone.
15. Your phone will automatically reboot and by this your phone will be successfully rooted.
16. Once the rooting process is over, download superuser and busybox or any other you wish from Google play store.
All the above procedures should be done carefully step by step. And once completing all process you can enjoy downloading all the root – only application which you were not able to install before in your sony xperia ion phone.
- One Click Recovery, Root, Unroot, Unlock and Back up for Nexus 7- Tutorial
- Steps to root Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1
- Easily Install Custom Recovery image in All Sony Xperia Mobiles
- Specs and Features of Xperia T, Xperia V and Xperia J smart phones introduced by Sony
- Sony Xperia ion now available in India
- How to take Screen shots in Android without rooting
- How to Install Beats Audio package in any Android mobile
- Sony officially announces the specifications of Xperia SL
- Specs and Features of Sony Xperia tablet S
- Sony Ericsson Xperia X10 mini is now available